Connecting Students of All Ages with Success
Our students were taken on a journey of courage and determination, integrity of spirit and respect for others to which they responded with resounding enthusiasm and appreciation. Your visit has left a lasting mark on the fabric of our school and I sincerely appreciate this gift to us.
Linda Munns, Principal, Trinity North High School SA
Over 1,500 schools and more than 1 million students around Australia have now experienced Lorin’s life changing workshops and motivational performances.
Lorin Nicholson’s motivational performances and ‘Climb Your Own Mountain’ leadership program, have a proven track record of changing attitudes and outcomes both in and out of the classroom.
His presentations are packed with anecdotes and powerful messages that are guaranteed to improve:
- Positive Behaviour for Learning
- Resilience & Mental Well-being
- Anti-bullying & Respect
- Leadership & Responsibility
- Personal Commitment & Higher Achievement.
Real Messages And Real Results
As a highly accomplished blind person, Lorin’s inspirational performances and workshops are extremely engaging and authentic, as he shares with students his clear method of success through practical demonstrations, audience interaction and powerful life experiences, interlaced with segments of virtuoso acoustic guitar playing.
Each session has been designed to immediately connect students of all ages from Prep to Year 12 with higher achievement and is delivered in such a way that will empower each individual with simple strategies and concepts they can immediately apply to their own lives.
Programs And Workshops
1. Student Motivational Performance
Lorin’s show gave our students more to contemplate in one hour, than I could ever give them in my classroom.
Danny Freeman – St Peter’s NSW
Lorin’s ‘Climb Your Own Mountain’ motivational performance is an engaging mix of powerful life experiences, audience interaction and practical demonstrations interlaced with segments of virtuoso acoustic guitar playing.
- Positive behaviour for learning,
- Building resilience,
- Respect, inclusion and anti-bullying.
- Overcoming personal challenges and adversity
2. ‘Climb Your Own Mountain’ Student Leadership Program
Lorin offers a highly-innovative full-day leadership program, specifically designed for senior primary and secondary students. This power packed day includes the following four sessions;
• ‘Climb Your Own Mountain’ – a one hour motivational performance
• ’10 Keys for Personal Leadership’ workshop
• ‘Lord Of The Rings’ & ‘Tough Mudda’ interactive leadership and team-building activities
• ‘Climb Your Own Mountain’ workshop – A personal strategy for a lifetime of success
Each person will experience and learn firsthand how to increase their own confidence, initiative, resilience, maturity and responsibility, as well as develop greater empathy, communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills. Students will also learn and connect with the one critical key that leads to success or failure in their own lives.
When I first received Lorin’s information, I thought wow, if this guy is half as good as this, he’ll definitely be worth getting in to speak to our staff and students. Lorin you totally exceeded our expectations. You were even better than the promotional write up.
Bevan Ripp – principal and 40 year educator, Singleton PS WA
I saw your show today and I was absolutely spellbound! I walked out a changed man!
Scott – student from Victoria
- Full-day workshop
- Year Level: Year 5 to Year 12 – Tailored to suit.
- Group size: 40-100 (with some flexibility)
3. Music Masterclass
All your keen musicians will be inspired to take their music to the next level, after an up-close-and-personal session with Lorin, as he reveals some of the key secrets to becoming a nationally successful musician, performer and recording artist.
- 30-60 min masterclass for music students
- Year Level: Year 3 to Year 12 – Tailored to suit.
- Group size: 10-50 (with flexibility)
4. Staff Professional Development Sessions
Lorin’s ‘A Vision For The Future – Leave No Student Behind’ session inspires your staff to;
- Reignite and enhance commitment, passion and job satisfaction
- Build greater resilience, collegiality & optimism among staff
- Cut to the core of what is and how to become an outstanding educator
- Instil a genuine desire & capacity to make a real difference in the lives of every student, from mainstream right through to those with disability, challenges or at high risk.
With Lorin’s 40 years of experience faced with disability, he is able to offer valuable perspective, practical advice and solutions that will greatly assist your staff, as they comply with Every School Every Student (ESES) in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
- Suitable for executive, teaching and support staff.
- 30-40 min staff PD session in conjunction with Student Performances
- 60 min keynote for Professional Learning days & Education Conferences
- Customised workshops are also available
You enriched my life and my work.
Jenny Ryan, Principal Beecroft Public School
5. Customised Workshops
Lorin is able to provide additional smaller workshops and PD sessions on a variety of leadership, public speaking and communication, disability-special needs, personal and collaborative achievement topics. These sessions often build upon the messages already given in Lorin’s primary motivational sessions.
- Suitable for students or executive, teaching and support staff.
- 30-60 min Masterclasses tailored to suit the request.
- Ideal as follow-on session from Student Motivational Performances
6. Educational Conferences
Lorin is regularly invited to be the keynote speaker at many regional, state and national education conferences with outstanding feedback from principals, exec staff, teachers and support staff alike. Also see Lorin’s corporate page [Link] for more information.
- 60 min Keynote address tailored to the audience and conference theme.
Lorin’s performance, with his poignant message and endearing wit, not to mention the spellbinding guitar work, was the perfect way to close our inaugural conference. People are still talking about it several months later. He is a true professional, and we look forward to being associated with him again in the future.
John Adams, National Indigenous Educators’ Conference